Import turnover tax

Import turnover tax needs to be paid when goods are imported from countries outside of the EU. This tax will also be regarded in the advanced VAT returns and balanced against the VAT. Usually the import turnover tax is paid to the shipping agent. However, you should be careful when paying to the shipping agent. If he does not forward the payment to the Financial Authorities you will not get it reimbursed.

Krischan TreydePlease contact me if I may give you further explanations.
I am looking forward to talk to you!

Best regards

Krischan (Kris) Treyde (CV)
Lawyer and Tax Consultant